In the UK, you as a business owner, you have to pay the music license to PRS-PLL when using Soundsuit.
Licensing in the UK works very differently than in the US. In the US, Soundsuit is able to include the “music license” in its subscription fee. But in the UK, you still have to pay the music license to PRS-PLL and this even if you pay a subscription to a legal (B2B) music service like Soundsuit. The PRS-PPL Music License is not included in Soundsuit price
More information about this topic in this article.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Which local PRO (Performing Rights Organization) to refer to in my country?
- What is a Performing Rights Organization (PRO)
- Use Soundsuit offline (without internet connection)
- Can I use Soundsuit in a DJ set or other live music performance?
- Can I use Soundsuit to play music in my gym?
- Can I use Soundsuit to play music on my website?
- As a customer, do I get a confirmation of exemption for GEMA?
- Can i play MP3s in my business?
- In the UK, do I need to pay the PRS-PPL Music License if I subscribe to Soundsuit?
- Does Soundsuit compensate music creators fairly?